Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 18 - Avoiding the gym!

I have mentioned this before, I am one of my gym's best customers. I pay my montly membership fee on time and never go there to workout! I can't figure out why? Is it laziness, am I scared of failing there???? I don't know. I have read many people's posts about their intense cardio workouts and how much better it makes them feel. I know from my past experience of successful weightloss that going to the gym really helped me lose weight. I have been walking everyday from the shuttle parking lot to work and then back to the lot after work. Honestly, I noticed today that I wasn't out of breath like I had been when I first started walking. That I am definitely proud of, but beyond that....nothing. I come home, sit on my rump and surf the web. Ugh! This is not good.
I mentioned last night that I haven't been drinking enough water, well today, I really did good in that department. I brought my 32 oz. water bottle into work, filled it with ice cold water and drank it. Then I met some friends out for dinner and drinks. I drank water, three 16oz. glasses! Oh, and I ordered an Asian Salad, which had Sushi grade tuna, served over baby field greens tossed with cucumbers, roasted corn, peppers and tomatoes. I asked for the spicy peanut sesame vinaigrette on the side and used approximately 1 tsp of that. It was delish!
Any thoughts from my blogger friends about my gym issue would be appreciated. I need to stop avoiding the gym!
I am looking forward to being off of work tomorrow, for the start of my 4 day weekend. Another good calorie budget day!

I am worth it!
Jill

4 comments:

  1. For your work-outs, start small and work our way up. For a few day's do 10-15 minute workouts then gradually move your way up--over time-- to 30 or more minutes. Going to fast and too hard all at once is what drives people fail. But if you can push yourself a little bit at a time, you will do great. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the gym is a scary place. I have a membership at the place where I work, but hardly go. I will, though. So, I am guessing your reluctancy is fear.

    I would suggest going over and starting on the stationary bike. Just for maybe 10 minutes. Keep going back and adding a minute or two to the time on the bike (or other equipment) and by the end of the month you will be up to 30 minutes.

    Have you been oriented to the "ho to's" of all the equipment? If not, set up a time to go through all the machines and decide which one might be better fro you for starting. You can do it: one step at a time. First step is hardest and that was the step to do something to regain your health. Now go rock 'em! Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on what annjeri said. Consistency matters the most. The intensity and duration will improve over time. Just do it, even if 5 minutes is all you can handle. No excuses. Remember that you will feel great after the exercise, even if you were not into it before you started. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, Thanks for your words of encouragement! I know when you go to a gym at our size it's a little embarrassing? You will probably feel a little self conscious? Don't worry just go do your thing! Like everyone else is saying take it slow. Like everything else in life it wont be nearly as bad as you are anticipating! You are on a new path this time! A life long change! Don't compare it to the last time you WILL succeed! Like you say you are worth it!!
    Have a great 4 day weekend and as Sean says make good choices! I'm going to try my hardest to also!

    ReplyDelete