Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 17 - Water is important!

While driving home from work tonight, I realized I was really thirsty. I had only drank about 17oz. of water all day. That's not good. I have always loved water, I rarely drink soda or juice. As a nurse, I know water 1) helps move food through our digestive track and rid the body of waste 2) it helps regulate our body temperature 3) it lubricates our joints 4) most importantly, it helps regulate metabolism! When we drink ice cold water, our metabolism fires up to heat up the water that just entered our bodies. Love it when my metabolism is working! I have read several articles that say we should drink 1/2 of our body weight in ounces per day. For example, a 200lb person should drink 100 ounces of water per day. Doing the math, there is no way I could drink over 150 ounces of water per day. How about I try to drink at least eight 8 ounce glasses per day. That is a reasonable goal. I can bring my sports bottle to work and have it right at my desk. No excuses.
I really have been getting into this blogging world. Reading other people's weightloss journeys is so inspirational and motivating. There are people out in this world who have a similar story to my own, just with a different name and weight. Sometimes I read their words and I could swear that they were mine. I would have never imagined, before the age of computers, that anything like a blogging world would ever exist. Pretty amazing stuff! Gotta love technology.
Well, I am getting tired. Looking forward to another good day on my journey and drinking lots of water.

I am worth!
Jill

 

2 comments:

  1. Marion Nestle has a great book called What to Eat. You might like this. She is a nutritionist who goes through every aisle in the grocery story and explains the food nationally speaking. Absolutely a fabulous book. I learned so much about the processed foods in the middle, “food value,” and so many other things. I do love your plan for going to the grocery store. Nice work. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, 150 ounces of water is not that impossible. You just need to work up to that much. I started with about 50 a day and gradually added more and now I drink at least 100 a day, more on most days. The body adjusts nicely to it, or at least that's what happened to me. One tip - carry a water bottle at arms length whenever possible. It helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete