Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 25 - Buttoning my lab coat

While I was waiting for the elevator to go down to my floor, I adjusted my lab coat. I haven't ever buttoned it, not because I didn't want to, but because it was too tight, the sides wouldn't reach. Not sure why I tried to button it today, but I did.....and I was able to do it. Yes, it was a little snug, but I did it. Wow, I couldn't believe it. Making progress.
I will be leaving for vacation on Saturday, going to an all inclusive in Jamaica for a week. Which means all the food and drinks are included. This is going to be a test, I have been trying to mentally prepare for it starting today. For breakfast, I am going to focus on proteins and fruit. Lunch, hopefully there will be salad. Dinner, I will look for protein, vegetables and a small starch. As far as drinks, I am worried. Not that I am a big drinker, but those island drinks are so refreshing. Maybe I will drink water in between alcoholic drinks. I plan on exploring the beach daily, not only to look for shells, but for exercise. I may even venture into the hotels gym. I am really looking forward to the trip.
How did you handle your trip? Were you able to stay on track? Any advice is appreciated.
I am looking forward to walking out of work tomorrow knowing that I won't be returning for over a week. I am going to weigh-in because I won't be able to do it Monday. It should be good.

I am worth it!
Jill

3 comments:

  1. Your trip will not pose a problem if you keep telling yourself that you are in control. Enjoy yourself but take every advantage on keeping active. Walk or run in the sand. Do use the gym. Maybe even go dancing. There's always opportunities out there to move it, move it, move it. I don't know if you'll be able to post to the blog. If not, be sure to journal. It helps to see what you're doing in black and white. Good luck with both your trip and your weigh in.

    ~Sheilah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it. You can do it. You can do it.

    My advice is to pack a free low cal treats in your bag (like 100 calorie granola bars) when you feel the urge. Really works for me.

    Nice job with the lab coat! Fantastic! Have a great week, Jill. Michele
    http://ruminationsasiuncoverthewomanwithin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there - I came to see you through Michele's blog!
    And I love the lab coat story!
    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete