Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 22 - Staying in control!

Something happened last night that put me in a bad emotional state today. My mood fluctuated between sadness, anger and happiness. (Please be aware that no one, including myself or anyone that I love, was injured or harmed in anyway. This is just not the forum to talk about what happened.) The reason I am bringing this up is because I would have normally turned to my old friend food to comfort me while experiencing such an emotional day. But today, I remained in control. Rather than using my mouth to eat, I used it to speak. I didn't hold in what I was feeling, I talked about it. Getting things off my chest freed me emotionally. It felt good to stay in control. I still have to continue to deal with the fall out from what happened yesterday, BUT, I am so focused on my journey, that I am not worried about going off my plan. Feels good.
Sad to be going back to work tomorrow, my four day weekend flew. For tomorrow, I am looking forward to making good choices and remaining in control.

I am worth it!
Jill

3 comments:

  1. Nice to know you made it past foodland without diving in for a pity party. Good for you. Keep building on your strength. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! It is so hard to stay away from food when you are going through an emotional time! Good job and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, a new reader here. You sound as you have gone a little further on the right path of your journey to reach your goals with no excuses. We do need to deal with our emotions and not let them control us. Sometimes that's not easy but when we do, we build confidence in ourselves. I've just come back from a long weekend too and wish both of us a good week!

    ~Sheilah

    ReplyDelete