Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 27 thru Day 36 - Fun in the sun!

Just got back from a great vacation in Negril, Jamaica. I went to an all inclusive resort, Breezes Grand Negril. Airfare, hotel, transfers, food, drinks, and some water sports were all included. There was beautiful weather every single day. I could get used to taking turns between lounging on a lounge chair and floating on a raft. Life is good!

I am very proud of my choices while I was there. I did great food wise. Opting for fruit and protein for breakfast. Lunch was light. I choose small portions for dinner; selecting proteins, veggies and small amounts of carbs. I had dessert only 2x's. At the most, the dessert amounted to 80-100 calories. I took very small pieces of items off the dessert table. You know the mini milkway bars, my pieces were smaller than those. I drank a little more than I should have the 1st full day there, but I was swimming and walking on the beach, so I think I equalled it out. The rest of the time, I had 1 or 2 drinks per day. I feel I got enough exercise with all the walking and swimming I did during the week. This can be done. It is not about the food!

Back to work today...boo hoooo! Just finished reading my mail and newspapers. Looking forward to tomorrow and continuing to make good choices.

I am worth it!
Jill

6 comments:

  1. I am envious!!! sounds like a great vacation. Impressive, too, that you ate well . You go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo!!!! You did it. So proud of you. That says alot about the confidence you have in yourself now. I'm facing the challenge this week being on vacation. I was successful yesterday but it's a day to day proposition.

    ~Sheilah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you did good! Congrats on making great choices. Sounds like you had an awesome vacation. Me jealous :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! Good for you Jill! That's amazing!! Glad you were able to have such a great time and control your eating. That is an awesome feat! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, where are you? You sounded pretty good coming back from your trip but now I'm worried. If you fell off the wagon, you need to climb back on NOW! I know there's a let down from vacation and some times it's hard to get back in the groove. The key phrase is "do it now".

    ~Sheilah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've nominated you for a blog award. Check it out at www.menewin2009.blogspot.com

    ~Sheilah

    ReplyDelete