Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 1 - Now is the time!

323.24
I am tired. Tired of carrying around this extra weight, it is heavy and I get short of breath when walking. Tired of being alone. I don't need a man in my life, I want one. But I need to feel more comfortable in my own skin before I will pursue a relationship. Tired of being afraid to go to a restaurant because I might not fit in the booth. Tired of worrying about getting my seatbelt to buckle on an airplane. I have visions of asking for the extender and the stewardess saying across the PA system, there is a fatty in seat 7A, can someone get her an extender. Tired of avoiding highschool friends because I am embarrassed about the way I look. Tired of catalog shopping because I can't drive to the mall 5 minutes from my home, the clothes at the stores there don't fit me. Tired of always being that fun-loving person. Tired of saying to myself, this is it, I am going to do it this time. I am tired of being tired!
I am setting out on this journey for my mental and physical health. If you or anyone you love or care about is inspired, or you feel would be inspired, please share my blog. The single most important thing I have realized in the last few weeks, is that I am not alone. I have friends, colleagues and there are other bloggers who are, or have been in the same boat I am in. For me, that boat is sinking. I have put on my life vest, jumped overboard and am swimming to a new way of life. This journey will have it's challenges, but I am going forward with positive thoughts, great goals and the desire to peel the layers of sadness, loneliness, emotional eating back to bring out the great person that I know I can be. There is not doubt that it can be done, just read Sean Anderson's blog, "The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser". He is an inspiration to me and thousands of others who battle the bulge. He is winning! Sean, thank you for writing your blog, you have inspired me.  Also, congratulations on your success thus far. I have no doubt that you will be shortly reaching that mountain top and anchoring your flag. Look how far your good choices have gotten you.

My goals are:
1) get healthy
2) to get 8 hours of sleep per night
3) eat breakfast daily
4) move more
5) experience the emotion rather than feed it
6) meditate - focusing on what I need to do and finding the means within me to do it

I have chosen to follow Sean Anderson's 1500 calorie bank plan. The start of my journey today went great. Were there temptations and thoughts of going astray from my plan....of course there were. But I was honest with myself, I can't wait until tomorrow. Now is the time!

I am worth it!
Jill

5 comments:

  1. You're awesome my friend!

    I laughed at the ATM card question in the email...
    "The Calorie Bank and Trust" doesn't issue ATM cards...but it does issue amazing results when we maintain the integrity of our budget! ;)

    I'm absolutely thrilled for you--You're on the way toward an amazing transformation...and the great thing---as wonderful as the physical part becomes---it's the least transformed in my opinion. Our lives, our mind, our behaviors---it's beautiful, absolutely!

    My best always
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill are you inside my head? Haha! I know exactly how you feel! I too have experienced so much of the same stuff. I recently went on a trip and did have to ask for a seat belt extension! I was mortified! Well at least they didn't announce it on the loud speaker! Good luck on your journey! Because of Sean I'm gonna start blogging too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know who Sean is or anything about his program apart from what I just read above, but I am glad you found your inspiration and started to improve your life. Good luck on your journey!

    Btw, thanks for visiting my blog. I'll read trough your archives and follow you, so see you in the comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Jill,
    I keep hearing about Sean's blog and must read it sometime soon myself. There are so many fabulous blogs to inspire and support us in our journey to better health. You are NOT alone. Here are a few links that I would encourage you to check out for other inspiring blogs:
    List of 100 Blogs to Support your During Your Weight Loss Journey: http://www.nursingschools.net/blog/2010/07/100-empowering-blog-posts-for-your-weight-loss-battle/

    Blog role from Lyn at Escape from Obesity: http://www.memorialblogroll.blogspot.com/

    And to be inspired and see where your efforts might eventually lead by checking out this link:
    http://266-twosixtysix.blogspot.com/2010/08/anniversary-presentation.html

    Stay strong, your friend in blog land, Michele of
    http://ruminationsasiuncoverthewomanwithin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Jill, just reading your "I'm tired of list..." It could have been me writing the post. Tired, tired, tired. Glad you are doing something about it.

    ReplyDelete