Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 13 - Birthday celebration!

Today was a great day. The weather was perfect, it was sunny and about 78 degrees with no humidity. I went to my brother's house to celebrate his birthday. I brought my homemade roasted red pepper hummus, with both blue corn and corn tortilla chips. Because I know chips can be addictive for me, I also brought baby carrots and sugar snap peas to dip into the hummus. My goal was to focus on the people who were there and have meaningful conversations with them. I did not want to make the food my priority. I really did great today. I accompolished my goal and was able to successfully stay within my calorie plan. I was able to enjoy small portions of the appetizers, no seconds. I choose a chicken sausage instead of the usual hamburger or hotdog. I really enjoyed that sausage. I even had a bite of cake...truely, just a bite. I did have to walk away from the dessert table. I really wanted a piece of cake with ice cream or one of the chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches. As I walked away, I had to say to myself, what do you want more? The dessert or to feel better about yourself? I knew what my answer was. I can and will do this. I survived.
My brother had pictures of a recent trip my entire family took to Cape Cod. Have you ever looked at a picture of yourself and couldn't believe it was you? I saw a picture of myself and can't believe that is what I look like. I hated the picture. Normally, I hide behind someone in a picture, usually having one of my nieces or nephews stand in front of me. But in this picture, I was lined up with my siblings...I couldn't hide. I know I am significantly overweight, but I just don't feel that big. The picures that I was in were hard to see. I don't want to be that person anymore. I can't be.

I am worth it!
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment