Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 10 - Bitter sweet and success!

If you read my post from yesterday, you would have known I was going to my Aunt's funeral today. It was sad, as expected. Her daughter, who had cared for her, really was struggling today. Unfortunately, she is has been going through her own health problems. I pray that she will be ok.
After the funeral, there was a gathering at a local restaurant for brunch. Although there was plenty of food to choose from, I stuck to my plan to make the healthiest choices I could. I avoided the pre-brunch table FILLED with delicious looking pound cakes, donuts, and muffins. I was disappointed that there was no fruit choices, but, I was still able to successfully wade through the food choices and stick with my plan. I filled 1/2 of my plate with garden salad, pre-dressed with oil and vinegar, about 4-5 oz. of chicken (I think it was supposed to be chicken piccata, but I was thrilled to see it was not drenched in a buttery lemon sauce), 1 mini meatball and a pinch over a tablespoon of pasta with sauce. I ate slow, putting my fork down between bites, and conversed with those around me. I was full and I felt good about staying on my plan. Success!
I thoroughly enjoyed catching up with some of my cousins I never get to see, several of which live out of state. We have so many great memories of when we were kids, meeting up at my Grandmother's house. My Mom took us to her Mother's house practically every weekend. Inevitably, we would see one of her siblings and their children. I will always remember spending time there and the fun I had with my cousins. My Mom was the youngest of 9, my Grandmother had so many grandchildren, great grandchildren and great great grandchildren, I lost count. Seeing many of them today was bitter sweet.
Wow, look at the time. I need to get to bed, back to work tomorrow. I am proud of my choices today and hope you are too!

I am worth it!
Jill

1 comment:

  1. Jill
    Glad to see you were happy with your choices, I have found that if I am I tend to make better and better ones! You are doing so well on your new beginning!!

    So sorry on the loss of your Aunt.
    Thin Lizzy

    ReplyDelete