Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 15 - Positive results!

314.2 (-9.04)
My first weigh in day was today....down 9.04 lbs! I am so pleased with the results. I did really good these past 2 weeks. I really focused on staying within my allowed daily calories and not feeding my emotions. I did move more, but I need to move even more. In the past, when I went to WW with some friends, we would go out for dinner after we got weighed and pig out. I think about that and realize what a mistake that was to do. Well, I am not doing that this time. I am changing unhealthy eating behaviors. I don't want to pig out. That was the old me, I want to be in control of when, where and why I eat. To tell you the truth, right now, I have no desire to pig out. I am determined and feel really good about my journey this time. I know that blogging has helped keep me accountable and focused.
What have I learned in the first 2 weeks?
1) Planning is absolutely a key component to my successful weightloss today. Packing my lunch and snacks for work definitely reduced my temptations in the hospital cafeteria. I didn't have to worry about choosing from the various offerings, good and bad, in the cafe.
2) Blogging has been a great tool for accountability. Plus, reading other's blogs, has been such an inspiration and motivator. It is so nice to read about people who are, or who have been, where I am. I am not alone!
3) I feel this plan has really not been hard to follow. Some days I ate all of my 1500 calories allotted and there were other days I didn't. But, I wasn't hungry or feeling deprived.
4) My psyche has played a huge role in why I am overweight, it really isn't about the food.
5)  I can do this! I am doing it.

I am worth it!
Jill

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! In many of my past failed weight loss attempts--I would celebrate too---with food, always. Hit a milestone, let's gorge! It wasn't until I analyzed this behavior and came to a very simple conclusion: Doing that was like an alcoholic celebrating their sobriety with a drink. I'm so happy for you, that you understand that simple, yet often over-looked, but imperative difference between this time and every other...is a huge indicator in my opinion, of your future success along this road.
    That is an amazing weigh day victory!!!

    My best always
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, what a fantastic weigh in. You are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you on your first weigh-in. You are definitely moving in the right direction with confidence to boot. I go to eat after my weekly meetings, needing to be able to practice eating sensibly in social settings. It's hard sometimes when I see what others are eating and know that I have a WHOLE week before I get on the scale. But usually I don't buy into that way of thinking, especially this week when I had a gain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, 9 lbs is awesome! Congrats! You are obviously doing something right, so keep at it. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for you thoughts and positive comments. I appreciate them so much. They really motivate me, making me feel really good about my journey.
    We can do this....WE ARE ALL WORTH IT!!!!
    Best Wishes~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting: 9 pounds gone!! Whoopee!!! I, too, have found planning, and more planning to be the key to success. I, too, find blogging to be an incredible accountability tool. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete