Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 5 - I need to plan!

I admitted to myself tonight that I need to do better job at planning my 1500 calorie menu per day. I am NOT a morning person, I have a hard time getting up and tend to sleep as late as possible, leaving only time to do my beauty routine. Because of this, I have planned to have a fruited protein smoothie on my drive into work. It is fast, easy and tastes good. Plus, I have committed to eating breakfast daily. I need to get my metabolism going.
For lunches and snacks, I have been going to the hospitals cafeteria, spending a ton of cash. I have an idea of what I am going to get before I head into the cafeteria, but this leaves me open for temptations. There are plenty of good (bad) things to eat in that cafeteria. Trust me, I have enojoyed them on a number of occasions. I really need to bring my lunch and snacks into work, this will lesson my risk of straying from my plan and save me some money.
I have been making my dinners, but after this week of bland and boring food, I need to spice up my menu so I am not tempted to stray. I don't want to eat the same thing and get bored. I have been looking online for some healthy and/or low carb recipes, whose calories are included. I have found a ton of them. I look for ones that are simple to make and have ingredients I would like to eat. I am excited about the possibilities.
I did good today despite my lack of planning, my calorie bank is empty. I am happy to report, that I got off the work shuttle 2 stops early and walked the rest of the way to the hospital. Also, at the end of my day, I walked all the way back to the parking lot, no shuttle ride for me. I really enjoyed that walk, I asked a co-worker to go with me and she happily obliged.
Good night, looking forward to planning tomorrow.

I am worth it!
Jill

4 comments:

  1. Good for you on choosing to walk! You are most definitely worth it! I have also started on my own journey and I find it difficult to plan as well but I will get there! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the walking Jill. The planning for me is key in this process, if I don't plan, I fail. I generally use Sunday as a shop, plan and prep day for the week ahead, it makes it easier during the week.

    I look forward to reading your blog and following along on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrys and Sharon-thanks so much for the comments. We can do this! I need to. Best wishes. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It's so weird how you sound so much like me! We have a lot in common! It's kinda surreal like you are reading the thoughts in my head! It makes you wonder how many other people feel exactly the same way! Sounds like you are definitely off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete