Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 12 - Early bird special indeed!

I decided around midday today that I wanted to go out to eat for dinner. I had a bit of a stressful week, I felt I deserved a treat. Not a treat, as in junk food, but to not have to cook. I called and invited my Mom, she obliged. I thought to myself, I can do this. I had a plan of how I would handle things in the restaurant. First, I would push the bread basket away from me. I would start with a salad, with my dressing on the side. My meal choice would be some type of protein, no pasta dish for me.
We got to the restaurant, early enough for the "early bird special" menu. I looked around and realized I was the youngest person in there....lots of white haired beauties and silver haired foxes filled the booths. While looking at the special menu, the waitress asked for our drink order. I requested a glass of water with lemon. My plan was to drink a full glass before taking a bite. There were some good choices on the menu, I zoned in on the broiled scrod. The waitress promptly returned with my water and a basket of bread and butter. She then took our order. For me, broiled scrod, with baked potato, and salad with a side of blue cheese dressing. Mom ordered the same.
The bread was fresh, it looked really good. My Mom quickly grabbed a piece and promptly buttered it. Luckily for me, the waitress put the basket down closer to my Mom. As Mom bit into her bread, I sucked down my water. Our salads were quickly served. It was a nice, full, garden salad. I dipped my fork tines into the dressing and enjoyed my salad. I used about 2 teaspoons of the dressing for the salad. I grabbed a piece of bread when I was done with the salad, pulled about a 1/2 dollar sized piece from the center of the bread and dipped a corner lightly into the dressing. The rest of the bread slice I picked up, went back into the basket. The scrod and baked potato came soon after we finished our salads. Unfortunately, it was dry, I was so disappointed. I ate about 4oz of the fish and 3/4 of the baked potato, I had added the tablespoon of sour cream.
In the past, when I was dissatisfied with my meal, I would go to a drive thru after I left the restaurant and get something to make up for that unsatisfying meal. A milkshake and a burger, or maybe some fries and a chicken sandwich...I deserved it, I needed to feel satisfied, granted, I wasn't even hungry. But, tonight was different. I left the restaurant and I drove home. I am doing this, I am taking control. Wow, that feels good.
Another good day on my 1500 calorie plan.

I am worth it!
Jill

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry your meal wasn't as good as you anticipated but still success and there will always be that next meal.

    ReplyDelete